Falling off the Moon

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Nothing a little white chocolate can't fix

I went to the grocery store yesterday evening. I had to get items so that I could fix dinner..which turned out to be a smash, by the way :). As I stood in the line of the self check out line...feeling slightly numbed and more than a little dejected, I glanced to my right and what did I happen to see? Limited Edition Hershey's White Chocolate With Almonds!

While the signficance of this might not strike you...here's the background story. I love white chocolate. I mean...white chocolate is just about as satisfying as sex in some cases...lol. Anyways..about two months ago, I was sick, so I had to go to the local Walgreen's drug store and pick up my antibiotics. While I wanted there for my prescription to be filled and to grab some things to relieve my symptoms, I saw these white chocolate bars. Mind you..these were the extra huge candy bars..not just king size. There hasn't been a white chocolate bar sold in my area in at least ten years so this was quite a find!

I bought three for three bucks figuring that they'd last me for the morning and that I could always come back and get more. I didn't get better anytime soon, but in a few weeks I was feeling in the mood for some so I took my nine year old nephew out and we decided to buy some.

We went to two or three Walgreen's that night and there were none! The whole experience left me in a panic and I decided to get home and log onto the net to see if I could buy some online. I couldn't find any evidence that they even existed on the Hershey's site. The closest that I came to finding them was on a blog. Speaking of which...I'll have to write to the girl and tell her that I found some at Albertson's grocery store. Whatever the case...

Seeing those bars last night...when I was feeling so down and totally hopeless..made my week! I'm so happy. Compulsive person that I am...bought at least twenty of them...I think I left four because I'd have felt guilty totally cleaning them out. So I've bagged them and put them in the freezer and left two out for my immediate gratification.

Ahhh...how sweet it is to have a little white chocolate in one's life! ;P

1 Comments:

  • As a total chocolate, no, SUGAR addict, I can totally relate to the joy a candy car can bring - especially when you're down. Sometimes we have to do what we can to get through a shitty day, even it's as simple as buying something sweet.

    By Blogger Meghan W heaton Cirrito, at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home